Job Search Assistant
- Store up to 5 resumes & cover letters
- Reach more than 5000 employers / recruiters
- Create job alerts to have jobs emailed to you
- Save jobs you are interested in for later reference
- Resume writing and interviewing tools
- Salary wizard
Read the Latest Articles from CROSSROADS jobseeker newsMore Articles
How to recover from arriving late for an interview
George Bernard Shaw once said, “Better never than late.” So, by the Irish playwright’s logic, if you’re suddenly waylaid en route to an interview, are you better off just turning around and heading home? Or, can you finesse your way back into the interviewer’s good graces and salvage the opportunity?
Job Interview 'Etiquette' is KEY to Getting Hired
Paulette remembers her mother often reviewing the importance of good manners at the dinner table. "'Use your napkin, chew quietly, listen when another is speaking and say thank you to the cook (Mom or my older sister Beth) before leaving the table.'" Paulette smiled as she recalled the 'rules.' "I didn't appreciate it much till I lived on my own and took my first job.